A 4-day course certificated by FDQ
Learn to lead and manage an audit with confidence from planning and opening meeting through to reporting and follow up.
It provides delegates with the skills necessary to audit a complete management system internally and externally, and to carry out audits or pre- audits against the ISO series of standards, BRC standards or customer and supplier audits.
No formal entry requirements, but this course is suitable for candidates who have completed our 2-day FDQ Auditing Skills Certificate course or have a good working knowledge of auditing procedures and management systems.
Course Structure & Content
- The ISO series of standards
- BRC series of standards
- Conducting audits
- Planning and preparation
- Audit Interview techniques
- Auditing techniques
- Managing meetings
- Presentation of findings
- Effective corrective actions
- Report writing
The emphasis is on a practical approach and delegates will be involved in group exercises, role play and audit scenarios. The course is primarily tailored for candidates from the food industry, although delegates from other industries will still find the course content useful and informative.
The course also includes:
- An updated introduction to standards
- Audit preparation practical session
- Managing meetings – practical tips
- Interviewing techniques exercises and role plays
- Dealing with difficulties and awkward people
- “Real” practical audit sessions in groups
- Audit reporting practice
FDQ Lead Auditor Certificate
There will be a 2 ½ hour examination on the final day.
Lead Auditor Learner Outcomes