We’re right behind the sector
The NSAFD is a not-for-profit organisation led by the industry for the industry,
through its members and its Board of sector employers.
We’re all about your skills
The National Skills Academy for Food & Drink (NSAFD) helps UK Food and Drink manufacturers to develop, grow and strengthen workforce skills and attract future talent.
We promote industry career opportunities, support firms in their apprenticeship offer and match quality-checked training providers to the precise CPD needs of your business and your people.
As industry-led experts on skills, we act as an influential advocate to administrations of all UK nations on relevant skills policy.
We meet the real needs of your industry
The NSAFD is a not-for-profit organisation working for, and led by, your industry through member businesses and our Board of leading sector employers.
We support the success of your business in five core areas:
Developing unique skills solutions based on the very best intelligence and insight into the skill needs of the food and drink sector
Developing apprenticeship standards reflecting industry needs and helping you as an employer to maximise the value of apprenticeship programmes
Understanding, contributing to, and shaping sector policy and funding
Identifying, accrediting and developing training provision specifically for the food sector
Managing complex delivery projects for both employers and government across the UK
“The NSAFD contributes to the competitive advancement of UK food and drink manufacturing by providing trusted, impartial expertise in industry skills and championing collaborative, industry-led development of high-quality skills provision and training delivery.”
We work with all key stakeholders, including businesses, training providers, governments, The Food Sector Council, FDF, IFATE, ESFA, and others, to ensure the industry has the skills support it needs to continue to thrive.
We’re the trusted specialists at the heart of training and development – identifying and accrediting leading providers to help your business fill any skills gaps holding you back.
But we bring you more than just training…
We’re everything the industry needs us to be:
- Developing unique solutions to industry needs based on the very best intelligence and insight into the skills needs of the food and drink sector.
- Developing apprenticeship standards for the industry – supporting employers navigate their way around this complex landscape.
- Understanding, inputting to and shaping policy and funding for the sector
- Identifying, accrediting, and developing specialist training provision specifically for the food and drink sector
- Managing complex, and often large-scale, delivery projects for employers and governments across the UK