Since the launch of our Occupational Assessment Tool (OAT) in 2018 both employers and training providers have used the tool as part of an Apprentice’s initial assessment and to test and track progress throughout the duration of a programme.
We have recently upgraded the tool based on user feedback meaning it is now even easier to be used for auditable evidence of initial assessment and progress towards occupational competence, making it an invaluable resource.
OAT was developed to provide an objective and accurate assessment of an individual’s ability to perform specific job tasks and to help them succeed in a chosen occupation.
- OAT is a low-cost way to guarantee initial learner assessment that is completely aligned with the relevant Apprenticeship standard
- OAT demonstrates recognition of any prior experience or learning relevant to the occupational standard
- OAT tests and tracks the progress of occupational competence throughout an apprenticeship programme with 8 assessments available per learner
- OAT assesses your apprentice’s outputs not just inputs – linked to the duties in the standard it assists employers in supporting the apprentice with tasks back in the workplace
- OAT demonstrates competency levels within a cohort to identify high performers and individuals that might need additional support.
- OAT provides an easy-to-use reporting function.
The employers we work with tell us they really benefit from using the Occupational Assessment Tool as it provides them with a clear picture of their apprentices’ progress. With this in mind, we want to encourage more training providers to use the tool, so we are offering free access for the food and drink specific apprenticeship standards* where a provider is working with members of the NSAFD’s Employer Services Network.**
For more information and for a free demonstration of how the Occupational Assessment Tool could benefit you, please contact us at email@example.com
*Standards include – Baker, Lead baker, Advanced Baker, Dairy Technologist, Food and Drink Maintenance Engineer, Food and Drink Engineer, Food and Drink Advanced Engineer, Food and Drink Process Operator, Food and Drink Technical Operator, Food Technologist, Food Industry Technical Professional, Packaging Professional, Supply Chain Practitioner and Supply Chain Leadership Professional.
**This offer is available for a limited period.