The National Skills Academy for Food and Drink is the industry’s skills organisation. It exists to support businesses to improve the skills of their people, providers to build capability and deliver sustainable, industry relevant training programmes and potential future employees to consider the sector as an active career choice. We are a not for profit organisation operating in a commercial environment with a mixed income model.
We have been successful in obtaining funding to develop an extensive training programme offer including 10 Trailblazer apprenticeships and 5 qualifications and as a result need to strengthen our qualifications team.
The purpose of the role:
Responsible for the portfolio of standards, qualifications, apprenticeships and training programmes ensuring that across all 4 nations the organisation operates in line with evolving regulation, and developing new solutions that reflect industry and company need.
- To be a technical expert with regard to NOS, qualifications and assessments both from the perspective of understanding our own ‘portfolio’ and understanding the implications of changes in the landscape across all nations
- To ensure that the company delivers high quality Trailblazer, qualifications and training programmes
- To manage the development of NOS projects
- Build effective relationships and work in partnership with stakeholders, employers and other partners to deliver the above remit
- Consult and collaborate with personnel from other sectors and with cross sector personnel on issues of common concern as appropriate, including representation of NSA Food and Drink on relevant working groups
- To ensure that regulated activities are undertaken, resulting in a ‘clean’ audit and that the necessary checks and balances are in the system
- To support the development of awarding body capability through external relationships including determining resources and requirements, ‘Chinese’ walls etc
- Work with Awarding Organisations (AO) as necessary in the design and development of qualifications, holding AO forums as and when required.
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Experience of designing qualifications and assessment methodologies
- Knowledge of current vocational qualification policies
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Solutions based approach
- Experience of NOS development would be an advantage
Applicants should have a positive outlook and be team orientated.
A full job description is available upon request.
Home based, but with the requirement to work from the office at York on occasions, and frequent UK travel.
NSA Ltd is fully committed to equality of opportunity. All applicants will be judged solely upon ability and merit.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and your current salary details by email to Sandra Speight: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Monday 19th October 2015 interviews will be held on either
Wednesday 28th October 2015 or Thursday 29th October 2015.
Ability to start quickly will be an advantage.