The role is responsible for supporting the marketing strategy and plans and implementing resultant activities to ensure that the NSAFD is seen as the first stop for businesses, providers and careers, driving engagement with and resulting in financial impacts through membership, accredited status or project outcomes. This role will cover marketing & communication for both the NSAFD& OAL.
Marketing & Communications Support:
- Ensure NSAFD providers and employer members receive timely, relevant and regular communications on all aspects of the business and its activity via mailings, newsletters and social media
- Ensure websites are kept updated with timely and relevant information on aspects of NSAFD products, services and grant funded activity and clear calls to action
- Champion the CRM system and its benefits throughout the business for all areas of operation and activity
- Help colleagues keep the CRM system up to date with meeting notes, referrals and leads etc.
- Support employer and provider recruitment processes and the processing of new members
- Update all social media sites – these currently include Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Flickr
- Assist the Head of Marketing with the organising of conferences and exhibitions as required for commercial and grant funded activity
- Represent the business at key events including conferences, exhibitions, workshops and training days
- Assist both the Head of Marketing, Sales & Delivery with the development of marketing campaigns aimed at recruitment and retention of Employer and Provider members
- Provide a range of administrative duties in support of the marketing team as required, for example: taking and giving accurate messages, opening and distribution of mail, setting up meeting rooms, visitor hospitality, preparation of information packs etc.
- Provide a key point of contact for staff operating out of the office and requiring specific items of support or communication.
- To supportively manage internal and external marketing resource as required to deliver the business plan
- To ensure the team have clear objectives, development needs are identified and met and communications operate well
- To gain best value and service from suppliers including managing external resources to build a positive experience of working with the NSAFD
- To continually review performance on the team in line with company PDR processes
- To drive interest and enquiries in business services
- To support the digital strategy including web presence, social media and related activity
- Gain understanding of the business in order to be able to accurately prioritise workload and work on own initiative
- Devise and implement new initiatives to enhance and improve the effectiveness and delivery of services that support achievement of corporate objectives.
- Encourage a culture of communication, trust and team working across the organisation.
- Undertake other roles and responsibilities as directed, to ensure that operational priorities, targets and contracted outputs of Improve and the NSA are at all times effectively delivered.
- To represent the business the business in a professional manner when attending external events.
- To liaise with employers and training providers when collating project information and documentation and managing through queries relevant to job role.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Drive and Enthusiasm; has energy and determination to do the best job possible. Self-starter and self-motivated, requiring only gentle steering. Doesn’t need to be checked up on in order to have confidence that they’re delivering.
- Good communicator; Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are essential for this role, including the ability to deliver potentially complex information clearly and articulately.
- Team Player; willing to adapt to meet changing needs and circumstances, work effectively as part of a team and go the ‘extra mile’ and motive others to as well.
- Attention to Detail; has a keen eye for detail, and the ability to ensure accurate communications.
- Individual Responsibility; delivers and takes personal responsibility for their own performance and for the performance of their tasks in a pressurised and changing environment. Seeks to overcome problems proactively and doesn’t hide behind them.
- Open; Honest and open and responds positively to feedback. Is willing to take on board feedback and responds accordingly and seeks to improve.
- Customer Service; Strong customer handling, administrative and organisational skills
- IT literate; Effective use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and knowledge of databases/CRM systems (ideally Salesforce).
- Problem solver – can work creatively round a problem to identify different ways to solve
- At least 2 years’ Marketing experience or degree in marketing
- Experience of working in a commercial environment or an industry related background
About the NSAFD
We are the industry experts on skills for the food & drink manufacturing sector and the industry's voice on everything from promoting careers in the industry to new talent, offering apprenticeship advice to businesses and supporting providers with procurement & CPD.
The National Skills Academy for Food & Drink exists to provide businesses across the UK’s food and drink manufacturing and processing industry with a single source of access to leading edge workforce training, vocational study and skill upgrades designed to boost productivity, innovation, profitability and growth.
We act as the industry’s voice to Government on the strategic skills issues affecting our industry and work closely with a range of key industry stakeholders, supporters and partners in delivering our mission of making the food and drink industry in the UK the best in the world.
Please send your CV, a covering letter and your salary expectations to email@example.com