ABOUT THE NSAFD
The National Skills Academy for Food & Drink is the industry’s skills organisation. It exists to support businesses to improve the skills of their people, providers to build capability and deliver sustainable, industry relevant training programmes and potential future employees to consider the sector as an active career choice. We are a not for profit organisation operating in a commercial environment with a mixed income model.
Job Title: Tasty Careers Co-ordinator / Assistant
Reports to: Strategic development Manager Wales
Location: Home based with extensive Wales and some UK-wide travel
To support the business by ensuring that the development and delivery of Tasty Careers activities across Wales are administered and delivered in an efficient and timely manner.
The role is to co-ordinate the Tasty Careers events and plans through day-to-day activities that help deliver agreed outcomes within Wales by supporting Careers events, Trade Fairs, Ambassador training, Tasty Tours and business development across Wales.
Working closely with the SDW and marketing department to ensure all delivery is in line with agreed timescales and budgets.
Delivery of Tasty Careers programme across Wales
- Working closely with SDMW to plan and deliver ALL aspects of the Tasty Careers programme including Tasty Tours and Tasty Job delivery
- Responsible for the management of all tasty careers event requests
- Ensure that marketing department are kept updated with events to ensure that the company websites provide clear information with regards the programme
- Working with Careers Wales across the country to support local initiatives and events and attending whenever possible to promote Tasty Careers
- Working with companies to plan and deliver Tasty Tours as and when requested ensuring delivery meets the needs of the business and school.
- Delivery of presentations with regards Tasty Tours to companies, businesses etc
- Updating of the company CRM system (salesforce) with regards all delivery and activity
- Ensuring all companies that we engage with receive timely, relevant and regular communications via direct mail, newsletters and social media
Systems and Processes
- Support employer and provider recruitment processes and the processing of new Ambassador Members including supporting the training plan and delivery across Wales.
- Providing administrative support for meetings, training days etc
- Filter requests as relevant and distributing to members of the Ambassador team
- Researching and gathering information to complete the Tasty Careers brief as much as possible
- Dealing with general enquiries and responding in a timely manner
- Provide a key point of contact for the SDMW when he is out of the contact and requiring specific items of support or communication.
- Gain understanding of the business in order to be able to accurately prioritise workload and work on own initiative.
- Devise and implement new initiatives to enhance and improve the effectiveness and delivery of Tasty careers and services that support achievement of corporate objectives.
- Encourage a culture of communication, trust and team working across the organisation.
- Undertake other roles and responsibilities as directed, to ensure that the business and operational priorities of the Company are at all times effectively delivered.
- Delivery of all Tasty Career work across Wales including Tasty Ambassadors/training, Tasty Jobs and careers events/fairs and WG events
- To ensure that all companies and organisations are kept up to date with what we are able to support following requests and also keep accurate information, including keeping the provider tracker, provider map, literature and website information up to date by informing the marketing department of any new stories or information within the food and drink industry in Wales
- To ensure that employers training organisation and other companies that we work with in Wales are communicated with effectively via both on and offline communications
- To ensure effective company-wide use of the CRM system
- The ability to drive – essential as the role covers all of Wales
- Have their own transport – vehicle allowance and business mileage will be payable with this role
- Working with young people – experience of working with young people and being able to communicate effectively
- Individual Responsibility – delivers and takes personal responsibility for their own performance in a pressurised and changing environment. Seeks to overcome problems proactively but also able to ask for help/direction.
- Good communicator – Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are essential for this role, including the ability to deliver information clearly and articulately.
- Attention to Detail – has a keen eye for detail, and the ability to ensure accurate communications
- Team Player – willing to adapt to meet changing needs and circumstances, work as part of a team and go the ‘extra mile’ to ensure service delivery.
- Drive and Enthusiasm – has energy and determination to do the best job possible. Self starter and self motivated.
- Solutions Driven – proactively looking for solutions to problems to improve working efficiencies
- Open – is honest and open and responds positively to feedback. Is willing to take on board feedback and responds accordingly and seeks to improve. Doesn’t blame others.
- Builds empathy – is able to build empathy and communicate with people of all walks of life. Is able to work confidently and professionally at all levels and develop relationships
- IT literate – effective use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint
- Understanding of careers opportunities across Wales for young people
- Experience of presenting to young people and wider organisation either through conferences, or locally by using PowerPoint presentation.
- Some experience of working in a commercial environment or an industry related background
- Exposure to WG
HOW TO APPLY
Appointments are based on ability and merit.
Please email CV & cover letter to email@example.com