ABP UK is a major division of the ABP Food Group with factories in Ireland, UK and Europe, ABP’s commitment to excellence impacts on every aspect of its business. Our teams of experienced and reliable meat experts are passionate about building lasting partnerships in the European retail, manufacturing and food service sectors.
ABP Langport is based in the heart of the Somerset Levels and Moors – a location that gives access to a range of outdoor activities from walking and cycling through to fishing and watching the famous starling murmurations. Somerset is also the home of cider, fabulous food and the infamous Glastonbury Festival – what’s not to like!
So whether you live locally or fancy relocating, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant team in a great location to progress the next stage of your career!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To report in to the Training Manager, working alongside the Departmental Managers and Supervisors to advance our teams’ development
- To be involved in the on-boarding of new starters to ensure that they receive the best possible start to our business
- To guide, and be a source of support for, new starters through their initial weeks with our business, ensuring that they never feel disoriented or uneasy
- To be an on-the-job mentor to new and existing employees, to ensure that production teams are continuously learning and developing into the best teams in the bobservations against SOPs, working with the Training Manager and Departmental Managers to develop more efficient and safer ways of working, using Operative ideas for improvement where appropriate
- To assess the training needs of new and existing employees
- To work in conjunction with the Training Manager and Departmental Managers to map out training plans for individuals, to guarantee that individuals reach their highest potential
- To maintain employee training records and departmental training matrices
- To ensure that job rotational plans are produced and adhered to
- General administration duties and record keeping
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge gained within a beef abattoir
- Administration skills and a working knowledge of MS Excel (training will be given)
- Be a good communicator, organiser and planner
- Be approachable and able to motivate teams.
- Level 3 Food safety certificate – desirable
- Experience of training and/or coaching employees in a manual skills based environment - desirable
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter to Bethan Elliott at email@example.com