On successful completion of this course you will be able to apply to be an ‘approved contractor’ for water regulation purposes. This means that you can self-certify your plumbing work and also work for housing associations and other various non-government bodies. You will also be able to join the WIAPS Approved Plumbers Scheme providing you hold other relevant certificates.
Who Is This Course For:
This course is aimed at practising plumbers working to water regulation requirements. It covers the knowledge required to be assessed on the BPEC Water Regulation certificate.
The main subject areas are listed below:
- Introduction, background and legislation to UK Water Regulations
- Materials and substances in contact with water
- Requirements for water fittings
- Water system design
- Installation commissioning
- Cross connections
- Back flow prevention
- Hot and cold water Services
- WC’s and urinals
- Sanitary appliances and water for outside use