A one day course leading to a Practical Allergen Awareness Certificate. This course is aimed at those who are responsible for designing, implementing and auditing allergen management systems. Essential aspects of allergen control in food manufacturing will be explained using examples during the course.
No formal qualifications are required but an understanding of food safety for food manufacturing would be beneficial.
Course Structure & Content
- Food allergens - The need for their responsible management
- Labelling legislation regarding food allergens
- Standards requirements regarding food allergens
- Allergen risk assessment process
- Controlling allergens in the food process from supplier to delivery
- Cleaning and validation process
- Allergen testing methods
- Verification of the allergen management system
There is a short multiple choice test at the end of the day. Successful candidates will achieve the FDQ Practical Allergen Awareness Certificate.