A 5-day course leading to the Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety & Hygiene.
An intensive course designed to provide managers in the food and drink industry with detailed and up-to-date information on food safety theory and practice.
It is highly recommended that candidates complete the Level 3 Award in supervising Food Safety & Hygiene (or equivalent), or can demonstrate considerable industry experience before embarking on this advanced level course.
Homework may also be required during the course.
Course Structure & Content
- Your role in food safety management
- food hazzards - biological, chemical, physical and allergenic
- Contamination, cross contamination and disinfection
- the managers role in training
- Food storage and temperature control
- Food preservation
- Management of personal hygiene
- Design & use of food premises and equipment
- Food safet legislation
- The managers role in food complaints
- Investigation of food poisoning
- Pest management
- Food safety management systems
- Food safety standards
- Examination and controlled assignment preparation
The examination consists of two papers:
- Paper one consists of five questions to be answered in 90 minutes,
- Paper two consists of a case study to be completed in one hour,
- All questions on both of the papers must be answered.