The broad content of this course ensures supervisors and skilled workers receive a good standard of food hygiene knowledge and training. It leads to one of the following widely recognised qualifications: RSPH Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Food Manufacturing or RSPH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety & Hygiene (catering/retail).
This course has been carefully designed to enable potential managers to move towards the Level 4 qualification. The course is suitable for manufacturers, caterers and retailers. Paper 2 of the exam allows you to select questions which are most applicable to your type of business.
This course is designed for anyone responsible for the supervision of food safety within their organisation. Completion of the Level 2 Award in Food Safety is recommended, or a basic working knowledge of the food industry would be acceptable.
Course Structure & Content
Section 1: Food Poisoning and Food-Borne Disease
Section 2: Hazards
- Physical, Chemical and Microbiological and Allergenic Contamination
- Contamination and Cross Contamination
Section 3: Control Measures
- Temperature Control
- Preservation Techniques
- Pest Control
Section 4: Supervisory Aspects of Hygiene Practices
- Personal Hygiene
- Hygiene Training
- Design and Maintenance of Premises
Section 5: Food Hygiene Legislation
- RSPH Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Food Manufacturing or RSPH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety & Hygiene (catering/retail)
- 90 minute examination consisting of 45 short answer questions (multiple choice)
- Successful candidates will achieve either a Pass or Distinction
- The exam is taken at the end of Day 3