This course will provide you with the background knowledge required to carry out Authorising Engineer duties in support of statutory health and safety compliance. Our course can also be used to demonstrate meeting the competency requirements of mandatory standards (MOD’s JSP 375 Volume 3), guidance documents (Healthcare Technical Memoranda) or company rules.
Who Is This Course For:
This is for experienced engineering staff who have a responsibility for the implementation, administration, monitoring and management of engineering Safe Systems of Work, and who are looking to be appointed as an Authorising Engineer. The course will also cover the key requirements within the role of an Authorising Engineer such as the appointment of operational staff who will implement and work with the defined Safe Systems of work.
The main subject areas are listed below:
- Understand the Management of Safe Systems of Work
- Compliance and the Role of the Authorising Engineer
- Authorised Person selection, training and appointment
- Safety documentation – setting and maintaining standards
- Auditing and monitoring
- Incident investigation
- Maintaining competence
- Completion of Log Books and associated documentation