This Authorised Person Ventilation training course will provide attendees with the necessary information to enable them to understand the duties responsibilities of the nominated Authorised Person (Ventilation) as detailed within HTM 03-01, and other associated guidance.
Who Is This Course For
This Authorised Person Ventilation training course is aimed at managers, technical staff and consultants, who need an understanding of how to manage ventilation systems used in the Healthcare environment contained in HTM 03-01, with a view to undertake the role of Authorised Person (Ventilation).
Key Learning Areas Covered in This Course:
- Understand the standards of design & installation of ventilation systems
- Identify the principal Health & Safety issues associated with ventilation systems of all types installed in hospital premises. And legislation applicable to ventilation systems
- List statutory comfort standards requirements & sources of Department of Health & industry guidance
- Identify the need for and probable location of smoke & fire dampers, function, pressure stabilisation methods
- Understand the function of a Vapour Compression Refrigeration system, and its relationship to an Air Conditioning system
- Understand the function of system heat exchangers, types of cooling & heating battery coils, verification of performance
- Understand the need for humidification & de-humidification, types of humidifiers - typical problems associated with humidifiers and how to overcome them
- Anti-Legionella precautions within ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Understand the principles of psychrometry and its use for the resolution of operational problems
- Carry out Air Handling Unit inspection audits and identify construction and maintenance issues
- Verify critical system airflow and pressures use appropriate instruments and calculations using criteria for determining the appropriate ventilation rates
- Carry out the necessary steps required for a Safe System of Work