This training course is designed to introduce the Authorised Person (Petroleum) to the requirements of safe working on Petroleum Installations. It is the AP's responsibility to ensure that the Safe Systems of work for installations are implemented, managed and controlled by the appointed Competent Persons (CP).
Who Is This Course For
This is aimed at Engineering staff who have the responsibility for the safe handling of petroleum, and who may be appointed as the Authorised Person (Petroleum).
Key Learning Areas Covered in This Course:
- Introduction to petroleum products, characteristics and classification
- Understand the current Health and Safety legislation in respect to petroleum installations
- Hazards and risks associated with petroleum product, and infrastructure
- Overview of petroleum systems and installations
- Chapter 5 Safety Rules and Procedures, Roles and Duties
- Isolation methodology
- Auditing and monitoring
- Electrical work in petroleum areas
- Testing and safety equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment and Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Assessing and appointing CP's