This course will enable you to gain the knowledge required to carry out Authorised Person duties and responsibilities in order to achieve compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and implement mandatory standards or company safety rules (e.g. MOD's JSP 375 Vol 3).
Who Is This Course For:
This course is aimed at experienced engineering staff with responsibility for the control, operation or maintenance of installed HV systems and who may be appointed as Authorised Person (Electrical High Voltage).
Key Learning Areas Covered in This Course:
- Introduction to High Voltage distribution systems
- High Voltage switchgear types and operation
- Substation equipment
- Low Voltage distribution systems
- Requirements for safe operation of High Voltage systems
- Roles and duties of the Authorised Person
- Safe working procedures, HSG 85 or JSP 375 Vol 3 or company safety rules
- Completion of safety documentation
- Operation and isolation of HV systems
- Introduction to protection systems
- Maintenance procedures regarding HV assets