This course is designed to provide an overview and understanding of the statutory and regulatory inspections / maintenance tasks required within a Facilities Management contract, as detailed within CIBSE guidance, as well as their management responsibilities, in line with Health and Safety legislation.
Who is This Course For?
This course has been developed for Contract Managers, within the Facilities Management environment, who require a better understanding of their engineering responsibilities, when managing their respective contracts, and highlight the requirement for statutory and regulatory inspections / maintenance.
Key Learning Areas
- General H&S and the Responsibility of the Contract Manager
- HSAW Act 1974 and surrounding legislation, including overall responsibilities of the Contract Manager
- Building Services Systems
- The requirements of the Asbestos at Work Regs, Noise at Work Regs, CoSHH, Water Systems and Generic Hazards in the Workplace
- Fire Safety Requirements
- Fire Safety Order 2005 and the requirements of the Fire Risk Assessment
- Energy and Environmental Requirements
- Understand the variety of requirements with respects to Energy and Environment in a typical contract - i.e. water use, waste management, WEEE etc
- Electrical Systems Safety Requirements
- The basic requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- NICIEC considerations - Minor works certs, Contractor control, Quality supervision
- Inspection and testing requirements, PAT requirements, Emergency Lighting / Lightning Conductors
- Mechanical Systems Safety Requirements
- The basic requirements of PSSR, PUWER, PER etc | Types of Pressure systems
- Written Scheme of Examination and inspection regimes | Gas Safety (U&I) Regs | Vent Systems
- Lifts, Escalators and Hoists
- The basic requirements of LOLER, PUWER Etc | Servicing and inspection regimes for all equipment
Price: £470 + VAT
Location(s): York, Slough and On-site
Duration: 2 Days