This City & Guilds accredited course has been developed to provide you with an understanding of how to control the risk of legionella bacteria within evaporative cooling systems. It will enable effective management of water systems in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) L8 and guidance document HSG274 Part 1.
Who is This Course For?
This course is designed for managers, supervisors or engineers who require an understanding of how legionella bacteria may proliferate within their evaporative cooling system(s).
Key Learning Areas
- Medical aspects of legionnaires disease
- Relevant statutory documents
- The requirements of Approved Code of Practice L8
- Wet cooling system design, operation and maintenance requirements
- Requirements of cleaning and disinfection of water and cooling systems
- The requirements of monitoring systems, including water sampling and procedures if bacteria is found
- The requirements of compiling and maintaining the water management log book
Price: £795 + VAT
Location(s): York, Slough and On-site
Duration: 3 Days