This City & Guilds course will enable you to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition known as BS7671:2018 Requirements for Electrical Installations.
The full details of this course will be made available when City & Guilds release the information in late spring/summer 2018. We will update this page as soon as the information is released. The course dates, price, and number of days, are subject to change as the new regulations may increase in length.
This course is also available as a bespoke onsite event. Please contact us for more information.
Who is This Course For?
This course is aimed at those involved with the design, installation or testing of electrical installations in accordance with the 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations. The below key learning areas are at the moment a suggestion, please do not consider them fact until the 18th Edition is officially released.
Key Learning Areas
- Scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671:2018
- Electrical definitions
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Requirements of protection for electrical safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Electrical inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
- Use of the information within BS7671:2018 appendices
- Assessment includes a two hour online multiple-choice exam
- Energy efficiency
- Protection against fire - installation of arc fault detection devices (AFDDs)
- Protection against transient over voltage
Price: £475 + VAT
Location(s): York, Slough and Glasgow Queenslie.
Duration: 3 Days