A 1-day course that aims to explain the process of Root Cause Analysis; how to identify the root cause issues and how to put in place preventative measures to meet BRC Standard requirements. By examining practical industry examples delegates will gain the knowledge and awareness necessary to implement an effective Root Cause Analysis strategy.
Compliance Course:Root Cause Analysis
Root Cause Analysis
Who is This Course For?
This course is ideally suited for Production, Quality and Technical Managers, or those dealing with systems management in the workplace. It is also suitable for HR Managers dealing with corrective action plans for Ethical Audits.
Key Learning Areas
What is Root Cause Analysis?
- The Benefits of Conducting Root Cause Analysis
- Why it is Important to Conduct Root Cause Analysis
- The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety V.8 Requirements for Root Cause Analysis
The Process of Root Cause Analysis
- Defining the Problem
- Collecting Data
- Evaluating Possible Causes
- Identifying and Implementing a Corrective Action Plan
- Analysing the Effectiveness of the Plan
Problem Solving Techniques Used in Root Cause Analysis – 5 Whys
- 5 Whys – What Are They and Why Are They Helpful?
- Benefits of Using the 5 Whys Technique
- Why and How to Use the 5 Whys Technique
Problem Solving Techniques Used in Root Cause Analysis – Fishbone Diagrams
- Cause and Effect (Fishbone Diagrams) – What Are They and Why Are They Helpful?
- Benefits of Using Cause and Effect (Fishbone Diagrams)
- Why and How to Use Cause and Effect (Fishbone Diagrams) Technique
Practical Workshop using Techniques Learned