Part 1: An introduction to how we perceive foods through the five human senses
- To test individual sensitivities
- Aid in drawing up meaningful sensory specifications
- To build a common vocabulary to describe food products
- To aid with training and selection of food panellists
Part 2: An introduction to Taste Panel Models using FIZZ sensory software, including Discriminative tests, Attitudinal tests and Descriptive/Qualitative tests.
- Provide guidelines on conducting sensory assessments
- To understand different taste panel methods, theory, practice and applications
- To analyse results from taste panels
Delegates should be regularly assessing food products within their work.
(IFST) Foundation Level Certificate on completion when taken at NCFM. On completion of both parts of the course delegates may choose to sit the IFST Foundation Level Certificate.