This course will enable you to gain the knowledge required to carry out Authorised Person duties and responsibilities in order to achieve compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
Who Is This Course For
This course is aimed at experienced engineering staff with responsibility for the control, operation or maintenance of installed Low Voltage systems and who may be appointed as Authorised Person (Electrical Low Voltage).
Key Learning Areas Covered in This Course:
- Low Voltage equipment including switchgear and protective devices
- Requirements of Electricity at Work Regulations
- Safe working practices with electricity
- Safe isolation of standby power supplies and UPS equipment
- Roles and duties of personnel
- Low Voltage working procedures
- Audit requirements
- Practical exercises in completion of safety documentation and hands on implementation
- Completion of log books and associated documentation